How our friends are partnering with us!
At Sahabat Anak we believe in FRIEND-raising, not fund-raising. Our friends that are partnering with us in many different ways to help street children and children from marginalized communities aim for a better future. It is through friendship and community that we are able to achieve great things. It is friendship that street and marginalized children value more than money.
The ways in which our donors work with us are all varied and unique. A majority of our donations are from individuals and through the sale of Sahabat Anak merchandise. There are many ways that you or your organization or company could also partner with us.
Here are some examples of companies and organizations are partnering with us:
- Rotary International provided funds for libraries at five of Sahabat Anak’s bimbels.
- The Singapore Tourism Board sent volunteers over to Jakarta to help renovate class rooms and to play educational games with the students from the Children’s Activity Center and at Sahabat Anak Prumpung.
- Starbucks held educational events and supported the Sahabat Anak Day campaign at their Wisma BNI 46 café. They have also provided beverages and snacks at events like Cijantung’s Creation of Indonesian Youth stage performance and Sahabat Anak Jamboree.
- Australian Volunteers International is partnering with us by sending us Australian volunteers to work full time on our projects.
- Jakarta Globe held a fun run in 2011 to raise money for Sahabat Anak and is publishing articles and advertisements to encourage members of the public to volunteer.
- Kampus Diakoenia Modern (KDM) is our parent foundation who we frequently do events with like the Sahabat Anak Jamboree, Sahabat Anak Day (Roadshow) or program collaborations like training, Street Children Rescue, advocacy, etc.
- Drive Books Not Cars is a non-profit, fund raising organization which raises funds through selling second hand English novels. The money they raise supports both Sahabat Anak and Taman Bacaan Pelangi.
- Youth Expedition Project Singapore has sent volunteers to Jakarta to help support our work through painting murals and assisting with renovations of buildings at Sahabat Anak Mangga Dua when it was operating as Sahabat Anak.
- Vina Puspita from The Book Is Yours has been assisting Sahabat Anak by providing free graphic design work. She helps to design advertisements for upcoming events and newsletters.
- AVIVA Insurance financially supported the 2011 Sahabat Anak Jamboree. In 2012 they partnered with us to supporting Sahabat Anak Day. Not only have they supported us through financial means but they have also been sending employees from their office to volunteer at the Sahabat Anak Day Roadshow.
- Each year the Sahabat Anak Jamboree held on the first weekend in July is also supported by a number of companies. In the past these have included: Asuransi Aviva Indonesia, Mayora Group, PT Kraft Foods Indonesia, Andre Studio (printing), Aqua Danone, London School of Public Relations (LSPR), Yayasan BPK Penabur, PT Innograph (Digital Printing), PT Wrigley Indonesia, PT Unilever Indonesia, Orang Tua Group, GE Volunteer, PT Truba Manunggal, Nokia Siemens Network (NSN), PT Arnott’s Indonesia, Indofood, PT Sari Husada, The Body Shop, Starbucks Indonesia, PT Dunia Walet, Kalbe Nutritionals, PT Ultrajaya Milk Industry, PT Coca Cola Indonesia, PT Cadbury Indonesia, Ace Hardware, Sari Roti, and more.